Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Thom Cat" a big hit at Irene B. West Elementary School!

















I had the great privilege of going to the Irene B. West Elementary School in Elk Grove, CA on February 18, 2010 to help them with a backdrop for their upcoming school play, and to give a talk on being an artist...it was great fun! I was even more honored to receive these photos from teacher Vicki Nelson where the students had decided to draw my character "Thom Cat" (whom I had shown his cartoon and a demonstration on how to draw him for the class) during their free period after I had left...I think they all did a great job! I am looking forward to going back again to give a cartooning lesson, I will try to make my lesson like that great old "Let's Draw" TV show from years agon (that they would play in my first grade class for us)...

--Mike

No comments: